Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Oct 24, 2010

    Disjointed

    In a time of reflection, I ponder the human condition and our feeling of connection to things, people, and places we have had no contact with.  I am dumbfounded at our ability to feel and connect with persons and situations we know nothing about. 

    Getting to the point, a man I can barely categorize as an acquaintance passed away earlier today.  I knew of him, though I'm not sure we had direct contact or interaction.  We shared an interest and membership in a small online community.  His death was extremely sudden, and by no means expected.  I shed tears for his daughter and his closest companion.  All of 10 years older than I, he never saw it coming. 

    How is it we feel such loss when something like this carries no bearing on our own lives?  I don't understand it, but I'm not sure I would rather be the opposite of whatever this is I am feeling. 

    No comments: