Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Jun 20, 2006

    Dear Diary ...

    I should have seen it coming... The biggest moment to clue me in should have been the first time I saw a teenage medical prodigy going "hi-tech" and journalizing his day on a computer so old you probably couldn't play pong on it... (In what strange plot twists..Doogie would have been in these days.) So often in stories, on tv, even in real life (shocking) seeing the careful guard and watchful eye given to the protection of the diary... The school girl's (and boy's if..he had the equally as private, yet slightly more masculine journal) thoughts and innermost secrets laid bare should it be discovered and read... The violation... The audacity of someone to do such a thing... But common practice it was of the snooping sibling, the overbearing parent, and the obnoxious (soon to be ex) friend...

    So perhaps it was more to thwart the attempts of the nosy, or to foil the schemes of the little brother that things have evolved such as they have... What once was private is now consciously made public... Even in selecting the appropriate radio button on the entry page for the privacy level desired are we making accessible things that a decade ago would have been kept under lock and key... And so it is that I make my initial mark in this thing called a blog... There are a dozen or more directions this thought could go, most naturally to narcissism and ego trips, but I think I'll leave it at ironic...

    No comments: