Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Jun 21, 2006

    all in the name of fairness

    I've been driving 60 miles one way to work for about 9 months now. With gas prices plateauing at just over $3.00 a gallon (for now), I'm filling 2 and 3 times a week to make the 120 mile round trip for work. Even working a late shift and picking up an extra $40 a week in shift differential, it's still a big chunk out of my wallet.

    Finally a position has opened for application here in Stockton. Within a day or so of it's posting, I had applied. The office is across town, but we're talking 15-25 minutes travel as opposed to an hour or more depending on traffic. Imagine my reaction when I get an email asking me to visit the office first to make sure this is a move I want to make. In fairness to me, they say, the local office isn't as "state of the art" as the one I am at now. People, I don't care if I'm sending smoke signals instead of emails, I don't want to drive 120 miles a day if I don't have to. I want to have more than 4-5 hours sleep a night before having to return to work the following day. But by all means, lets be fair.

    No comments: