Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Jul 22, 2006

    Lucky Dad

    I took my 3 and 5 yr old kids to the movies last night after I got off work. Granted it was a 10:10 showing and they should have gone straight to bed instead of out somewhere, but it was fun. My son, the 3 yr old, was a little restless, but very quiet. I was so proud that I could take them to a theater and not have to continually worry about their volume level.

    My son had done a total 180 on us about 5-6 months back. He'd seen the spiderman movies and spiderman cartoons. Everything from clothes to diapers to shoes was spidey, spidey, spidey. Then out of left field, (and way before the movie's release) WHAM! superman. didn't even want to look at spiderman and was mad if you made him wear it.

    I found out earlier in the day that my wife would be out of town on business, so I thought I'd take the kids to see Superman Returns. As great as the movie was the first time, it was that much more an experience to see it through the awe and wonder of my kids eyes when they saw a real flesh and blood man (not some cartoon character) zipping through the sky like a rocket trying to save a plane full of people. I can't say eyes were glued to the screen the entire time. There were scenes that wouldn't make a lot of sense to them for their age level (Lex's inheritance for example, or the Clark Kent aspect of the character), but we walked out of the theater already full of conversation and discussing what we liked best about the movie. Naturally my son liked that he could fly. My daughter said the bad guys scared her a little bit, but really liked that Superman stopped them. I had a lot of favorite parts in the movie, but I liked best that I could share my favorite superhero with my kids.

    No comments: